Downtown Hattiesburg is in the heart of the Hub City! Easily accessible by car, train, public transportation or bike, the Downtown district boasts beautiful streetscapes complete with park benches and available parking.
Downtown Hattiesburg has ample parking for the activities and attractions offered in the district. Below are some options to consider when visiting Downtown Hattiesburg. Please note that parking is closely monitored Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm, so follow all posted instructions and rules.
Parking options include:
- Free on-street, two-hour parking
- Parking garages
- Free public parking lots
Golf Cart Information
Hattiesburg City Council passed a golf cart and low-speed vehicle ordinance on August 16, 2022. This ordinance requires that these vehicles be registered beginning Sept 15, 2022.
What to know:
- Operation is limited to roads with a speed limit of 30 miles per hour or less.
- Vehicles must have headlamps, tur signals, break lights, exterior mirrors, VIN number, seat belts, windshield, and horn.
- Drivers must have a valid Drivers License and insurance
- Read the full ordinance here
Whether you need a way to get to Downtown Hattiesburg or would like to enjoy a unique mode to explore once you arrive, the following transportation options should be considered when paying us a visit!
HCT’s Fixed Route Service is available to the public for a minimal fare and can be accessed at any HCT bus stop.
Hub City Transit buses run from 6:00 AM – 6:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Buses do not run on holidays.
Regular Fare: $0.50
CLICK HERE for interactive map to track the bus near you!